Saturday, January 17, 2004

Bright Morning by Steven Kozar








Last year I picked up a little five dollar calendar from our local library and I just loved the artwork and the theme. The theme was Down on the Farm. This quote was on the first page;

If a man can't be happy on a little farm in Wisconsin,
he doesn't have the makings of happiness in his soul.
-Nick Engelbert (1881-1962), farmer-artist

I have a longing to live on a farm. It is really the "idea" of a farm...I know the reality is much, much different than my dream. And to be honest, I don't know if I have what it takes to be a true farm girl.
I would like "the good parts version" of a farm life. For me it's all about the view and the clouds and the fresh eggs and the kittens and the breeze.

I choose not to dream about the manure and the flies and the cold mornings and the hard work.

My dream...my way :o)

Thanks Sweetie


Just so I don't get the credit for learning how to post a photo...

Thank you dear, sweet, gentle spirit, computer-savy, fourteen year old daughter, Emma!

She even wrote out directions for me last night so I could put my photo up this morning.

Me: Emma, could you write out directions for me so I don't have to wake you up in the morning when I want to blog?
Emma: Mom!!!

Also, thanks to the many offers of help I received from my friends in space. :o)


____________________

Do you think I could consider that computer class and a writing assignment? *wink*

____________________

If you like the picture of the painting above be sure to check out the artists webpage.

http://www.stevenkozar.com/

____________________

One of my favorite books that I have read for entertainment in the last few years is a book called Fifty Acres and a Poodle by Jeanne Marie Laskas. It is funny, funny, funny!


That's all folks....enjoy the view!

Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.