Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Cheap Thrills

Sitting on the kitchen table on a shoebox is the prettiest, dampest wool felted bag.
According to the instructions it will take two days to dry. I am dying to make another one. It is just the quickest and cutest project. The yarn was a delight to work with. I have never used yarn that changed colors and made stripes like this yarn (Noro Kureyon) and it was so interesting.

Here is a little information about felting.

It is the hot water and the agitation that make something felt.
Hot water alone will not do it!
Do not let the washing machine go into the spin cycle. This can cause creases.
A shoe box is the perfect shape on which to put your wet bag.
Beware...this can become addicting :o)

Check the sidebar for photos and the link to the pattern for the Booja felted bag!

___________________________

Oui, Oui...

I don't know what got into me...I bought some Hawaiian Punch. Must be nostalgia. Our mother did not have pop in the house for us to drink...we had Hawaiian Punch. So I brought some home for the kids...and gee...they like it too!

So Katie had a big slurp of Hawaiian Punch this morning for breakfast and grinned and showed me her pinkish, reddish mustache. I, using my very best bad French accent, exclaimed, "Oh, Wee, Wee, I see you have a red mustache' ." Katie giggles with delight. I have hit her funny bone. She runs off to have another drink, turns and smiles at me again. "Auwaaaa (French sounding exclamation) You have a red mustache', you must be a boy." "Noooo, I'm a girl" states Katie, in HER best four year old bad French accent....this hilarity continues for about ten more minutes.

Katie learns to say Mare-see Bow-coo, drinks her whole cup of juice and has just a grand time.
We really have fun together...Us two.

Oh she also informs me that when Matthew and Patrick wake up she is going to play blackjack with them!!!
HUH??

Us Two

Wherever I am, there's always Pooh,
There's always Pooh and Me.
Whatever I do, he wants to do,
"Where are you going today?" says Pooh:
"Well, that's very odd 'cos I was too.
Let's go together," says Pooh, says he.
"Let's go together," says Pooh.

"What's twice eleven?" I said to Pooh.
("Twice what?" said Pooh to Me.)
"I think it ought to be twenty-two."
"Just what I think myself," said Pooh.
"It wasn't an easy sum to do,
But that's what it is," said Pooh, said he.
"That's what it is," said Pooh.

"Let's look for dragons," I said to Pooh.
"Yes, let's," said Pooh to Me.
We crossed the river and found a few-
"Yes, those are dragons all right," said Pooh.
"As soon as I saw their beaks I knew.
That's what they are," said Pooh, said he.
"That's what they are," said Pooh.

"Let's frighten the dragons," I said to Pooh.
"That's right," said Pooh to Me.
"I'm not afraid," I said to Pooh,
And I held his paw and I shouted "Shoo!
Silly old dragons!"- and off they flew.

"I wasn't afraid," said Pooh, said he,
"I'm never afraid with you."

So wherever I am, there's always Pooh,
There's always Pooh and Me.
"What would I do?" I said to Pooh,
"If it wasn't for you," and Pooh said: "True,
It isn't much fun for One, but Two,
Can stick together, says Pooh, says he. "That's how it is," says Pooh.
-A. A. Milne
-from Now We Are Six


Encourage one another :o)

Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.