Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Dizzy

No, I'm not talking about my personality in general being dizzy :o) My head is spinning from the amount of books I am 'reading'. In my attempt to write an interesting blog I have increased my reading materials three fold. Instead of finding something encouraging to share from one of the books I am finding out that too many books make me dizzy.

Here is a llist of the excellent books I read portions of yesterday,

The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A' Kempis
Heidi by Johanna Spyri
More Love to Thee by George Prentiss
The Bible (NASB)
The Summer House by Alice Thomas Ellis
Called to Obedience by Howie and Dennie Dowell
Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne

These are all wonderful books...just not read at the same time and in small snippets.

Educating Donna

In my first two weeks of blogging I have learned so much! I have learned how to write in html a little, I have learned that hackers really exist (the comments section of my blog is disabled due to a hacker!), and I have learned a little bit more about myself.

More than believing that I personally have something important to express, I love sharing with others with the special things that have encouraged me.

Titus 2:3-5

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, (6) not malicious gossips nor (7) enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,
4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be sensible, pure, (8) workers at home, kind, being (9) subject to their own husbands, (10) so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

I know I am not worthy of this 'calling'. I certainly don't feel wise enough or kind enough or diligent enough at home....but I am an older woman...and it looks like I don't have a way out....if I want to obey God :o)

Trust and Obey

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Refrain

Trust and obey, for there?s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

-John H. Sammis

I can't sing that song without tears :o)

Donna

I will re-apply the comments link when it is safe to do so. In the meantime I will try to link our e-mail over in the sidebar...in case your dying to talk to me *big grin*
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.