Saturday, January 24, 2004

Rain Man

Yes, that's me. I am the Euchre Savant.

I have played euchre three times. I honestly feel completely lost and laugh and giggle through the game... amazingly, my partner and I always win! The winning is usually due to my cards.

Our friends (the ones who know how to play) sweetly re-explain the game each time we play (and through out the game) I understand it a little bit...but it takes every bit of my silly brain to know what card to play.

Dennis (male-friend) thinks I am capable of understanding strategy. He thinks I can remember what cards the other people have in their hands. I can't.

Mary (gal-friend) is gentle and helpful and gets lots of bad cards. (last night at least...you see when we are partners...we win :o)

Patrick (dear hubby) catches on much quicker than I, and wonders why it takes me soooo long to put down a card.

I hear it is supposed to be a quick game :o)

We really do have fun...and we all marvel at my special abilities....go figure...?...

________________

Oh, by the way...."I'm an excellent driver."

________________

("Historically, individuals with these exceptional skills were called 'idiot savants,' a French term meaning unlearned (idiot) skill (savant). In a 1978 article in Psychology Today, Dr. Bernard Rimland introduced a more appropriate term 'autistic savant,' which is often used.")

_________________


I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.