Monday, March 15, 2004

Mom is Up
Emma's Down



Here she is feeling well and groovy.



Mommy on the couch...Katie joining in with a sympathy snooze.

___________

I had so much news yesterday...and then I too sick to tell you all about it.

We bought a digital camera. An Olympus Stylus 300. It had the quickest lag time in our price range.
This was very important to me. With a wiggly girl in the house...it is important that the shoots when you want it to shoot...not a second later.

I picked out paint for Katie's room. Her room is still a little boy's room(we have lived here two years). Katie is very girly and wanted green and purple. I bought very light minty green and lavender for her. I am just going to paint two walls green and two walls purple.
Not too complicated!

I received our Henle Latin in the mail on Saturday too. It looks so fabulous. I have been using Oxford Latin this year with Emma and it has been giving me fits. The instruction is vague and jumps around too much for me to teach well.
The Henle looks very well organized. Yipee!

We made reservations at the Doubletree in Chicago to go with the kids for a few days during spring break. We really like bumming around Chicago!!! I'm gonna hope for 50's or 60's! Is that too wishful?

Started a new pair of socks and felted my large booga j bag. I will post a 'knit blog' tomorrow.

Bought a Barry White Cd and grooved to "You're the first. The last. My Everything.
Have you listened to the words to this song? Love it!

"My first, my last, my everything,
And the answer to all my dreams.
You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star.
My kind of wonderful, that's what you are.

I know there's only, only one like you
There's no way they could have made two.
You're, you're all I'm living for
Your love I'll keep for evermore.
You're the first, my last, my everything."
-written by Peter Radcliffe, Tony Sepe, Barry White

I also heard a Spinners song on the radio Saturday and am really longing for one of their CD's now!

One summer I was in the north woods (Minocqua Wisconsin) pretty much by myself. I was 17 years old. I had a blue 442 with an eight track...I only had three eight track tapes. One was Chicago (I'm a man, yes I am and I can't help but love you so...) the other was The Spinners, and the last was That's Entertainment.

The songs from those Eight Tracks are burned in my brain. When I hear them I am driving along curvy Country Club road with the sun flickering through the leaves...
It is my life's soundtrack.
I also ate a lot of ice cream that summer and played a lot of Yahtzee! Yahtzee!!!

Enough nostalgia...I have a thirsty girlie in the other room.

Encourage one another...with stories and friendship and love,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.