Thursday, March 04, 2004

Well...Duh

How do I make my home a place of beauty?

I realized Tuesday evening (During my book study with Brooke) that it wouldn't take a shopping trip or a can of paint, really, to have a more beautiful home.

Picking up the piles and clearing off the kitchen table make my home so much more beautiful!

Yeah...yeah...yeah....I have been married for 23 years....I know...I should have learned this by now!

But I have just slipped lately. No excuse really...I just forgot how nice it looks to have everything put away.

Our house was on the market (For Sale) for 12 months out of 18 months two years ago. The house was very neat and tidy, looking it's best all the time! It only took an hour or so to be ready to show. Now that is nice! It doesn't take a long time.....if you just keep at it.

So I am inspired to make the home more beautiful for my family...and all it will take is a little elbow grease.
Starting with a spotless kitchen table and no dishes in the sink :o)


The Beauty which old Greece or Rome
Sung, painted, wrought, lies close at home.
-John Greenleaf Whittier

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.