Wednesday, May 05, 2004

The Sour Cream Coffee Cake is in the Oven...
And all is right in the world...


Well at least the Coffee Cake is in the oven :o)

In the quiet of my kitchen with just the hum of the refrigerator for company I mixed and measured and created one of my favorite things this morning. Ina Garten's Sour Cream Coffee Cake. I, the mom who hates to rise before SEVEN....was a mixin and a bakin at 6:30.
You see the butter was out and was waiting to be used. "Do it now...the blog can wait...and you can share the recipe", said the butter.

I felt like Ma Ingals this morning as I baked before the children rose.

(There is no rising before my ex-baker husband....He is still on bakery time)
He is not an ex-husband...just an ex-baker...:o)

Here is the best recipe for Sour Cream Coffee Cake I have ever tried.
My fondest memory from Stephens College was the Sour Cream Coffee Cake....well and the Iris' in the spring...but this is the best since then...

Barefoot Contessa's Sour Cream Coffee Cake

12 T. Butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
3 XL Eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/4 C. sour cream
2 1/2 C. Cake Flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. kosher salt
-----------
Streusel

3/4 C. light brown sugar, packed
1/2 C. all purpose flour
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. kosher salt
3 T. butter
3/4 C. walnuts (I do not use these)
----------

Preheat 350*.
Use a 10 inch tube pan.

Cream butter and sugar 4-5 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time...add vanilla and sour cream.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
Mix together with wet ingredients.
_______
Make Streusel
_________

Spoon 1/2 into the pan...Sprinkle 3/4 c. streusel on to that...
Spoon on the rest of the batter...scatter the remaining streusel on top.
Bake 350* for 50-60 min.

Yum!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.