Monday, October 18, 2004


Thomas Bailey Aldrich


I found this poem yesterday as I was meandering around a most wonderful website.
The site is called Poet's Corner.

I am familiar with Thomas Bailey Aldrich from reading his amusing and rich book
The Story of a Bad Boy. I hear Mark Twain was inspired by this book and then went on to write Tom Sawyer.

I was pleased to find this lovely and true poem by Mr. Aldrich.


Memory

MY mind lets go a thousand things,
Like dates of wars and deaths of kings,
And yet recalls the very hour--
'Twas noon by yonder village tower,
And on the last blue noon in May--
The wind came briskly up this way,
Crisping the brook beside the road;
Then, pausing here, set down its load
Of pine-scents, and shook listlessly
Two petals from that wild-rose tree.

Thomas Bailey Aldrich





We had a raccoon in the small tree in our front yard last night. It was trying very hard to reach into the bird feeder. Katie, Maggie-the-scratchy-cat, and I watched it with delight!

I will remember our cats tail! So puffy!

I hope the raccoon comes back :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.