Thursday, August 25, 2005

Morning!

Do you feel queasy when you wake up much earlier than usual?

Both Emma and I made our way to Old Navy this morning feeling like we were about to....um....hurl.

I told her that our bodies just weren't use to being upright at this time of day.
Hopefully she will feel better as the morning wears on.

As we waited outside the Old Navy we noticed three other cars arrive. They parked in the outer section of the parking lot. Then all three drivers emerged from their cars at the same time. They were all employees at Old Navy.
They park and wait for one another to walk to the store as a group.

Now isn't that sensible.
Made me kinda teary to see them taking care of one another.

*************

I bought the most glorious yarn last night.





It is just the softest worsted weight wool. Created by Lorna's Laces.

I am knitting a scarf with it. The pattern I am using is so easy yet it has a very nice look...and it does not curl!
I hate when my scarves curl.

The pattern I have says to cast on 23 stitches...but that was too thin.
So I cast on 29. (It needs to be an odd number)
I am using a size nine needle. (Anything around there will work :o)

Row One: Knit Two, Purl Two, until the last three stitches, Purl Two, Knit the last stitch.
Row Two: Repeat Row One.

This makes a very nice fat rib stitch.

Try it. You'll like it!

I found a picture of a completed 'Mistake Rib' scarf.

Click here to see it.

Purdy...and very easy!


Oh, and by the way, I threw a dress over my nightgown.
No problem :o)

Did you know, your comments cheer me along during the day?
Well, they do.

Thank you :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.