Friday, December 02, 2005

GOOD Morning!

One of our blog-sistahs has the best news ever.
Go over to Janie's blog and read her wonderful homecoming story!
Take some tissues, you're going to need 'em.

(I can't seem to stop crying.)




Friday Feast

Appetizer
How often are you sick?

Salad
If you were to have a painting done of you alone, what would you want the background to be?

Soup
Describe your voice.

Main Course
What is something you would like to do, but you're afraid of the risk(s)?

Dessert
What was the last television show you watched?





I planned to go to bed last night around 10:00. The Count of Monte Cristo has drawn me in and I was looking forward to an hour or so of quiet reading.
But then I checked the blogs one last time...
and before I knew it, it was 10:45.
And as I walked past the television...it seemed to whisper to me...
Oprah is on David Letterman tonight.

Now this may not be a real big deal to me and you...
But Dave has been begging Oprah to come on his show for 16 years.

I had to tune in to see how Dave would handle having Oprah on his show.

Well...I know most of you don't care...but it was fun and I'm glad I remembered...
and that is the last thing I saw on television.


And well...I ended up reading Elisabeth Elliot's Keep a Quiet Heart...
She says we need to reach out and be Spiritual Mother's to the younger women. (see. Titus 2:3-5)
And when I read that I think about how she is my Spiritual Mother.

I believe that if God intends for us to be of influence at all to anyone...
He has to do all of the work. We just need to be open to it. Willing to be used by Him if the opportunity presents itself. Willing to meet with or listen to or pray for the younger women. It's not something one can force. And to be honest it isn't something we ever feel ready to do.
But God can do it. He can put people together.
It takes time and prayer and patience.
And willingness.
If it is meant to be...God will work out the details.

May God Bless our Elisabeth.

(And I say 'our' because I know so many other women feel the same way as I do about Elisabeth.)


I can't believe it is Friday already...
Emma's big Christmas Concert is tonight.
Can't wait to hear the beautiful music!
I better end this because I need to bake cookies for the reception following the concert...and they need them this morning. ( I can mix and bake the Neiman Marcus cookies in 1/2 hour. Speedy huh?)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.