Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday Feast

Appetizer
About how many times per day do you check your email?

Soup
If you had the money to collect something really valuable, what would it be?

Salad
Write a sentence using the letters of your favorite beverage. (Example: The egret admires.)

Main Course
If you could be on a game show, which one would you want it to be?

Dessert
Name 3 computer programs or web sites you would hate to be without.





For Crissy...and anyone else who might wonder.

How did I learn sign language?

When I graduated from college, I still didn't know what I wanted to do so I went to Gallaudet University in Washington D.C. (The National Institute for the Deaf) for a two week summer school program.

I learned a ton at Gallaudet. Came back to Wisconsin, took sign language courses at a Tech. school for one Semester (and taught at the YMCA at the same time :o)
And I got a job in Illinois at a school for the Hearing Impaired.

I loved that job! Loved the little children and the teacher I worked for!

I highly recommend Deaf Education! It's very rewarding.



And if I could collect anything....

I think I would collect houses.


Off to class.

To teach is to learn twice. ~Joseph Joubert, Penses, 1842


Our aim in education is to give a full life. We owe it to them to initiate an immense number of interests. Life should be all living, and not merely a tedious passing of time; not all doing or all feeling or all thinking - the strain would be too great - but, all living; that is to say, we should be in touch wherever we go, whatever we hear, whatever we see, with some manner of vital interest
~Charlotte Mason


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.