Tuesday, January 24, 2006




Help me name this photo.
Pictured is a basket of clean clothing, lit by sunrise.
I know there is a clever name for this picture....I just can't pull it from my brain this morning. Anything occur to you?


I love folding the laundry.
Especially the girls' clothing.
It is small and makes nice little packages.
It smells great!
It means we have our favorite things to wear...again...


This poem is a repeat...but it's been a while since I posted it.
It's a favorite of mine!


A Song from the Suds

Queen of my tub, I merrily sing,
While the white foam raises high,
And sturdily wash, and rinse, and wring,
And fasten the clothes to dry;
Then out in the free fresh air they swing,
Under the sunny sky.

I wish we could wash from our hearts and our souls
The stains of the week away,
And let water and air by their magic make
Ourselves as pure as they;
Then on the earth there would be indeed
A glorious washing day!

Along the path of a useful life
Will heart's-ease ever bloom;
The busy mind has no time to think
Of sorrow, or care, or gloom;
And anxious thoughts may be swept away
As we busily wield a broom.

I am glad a task to me is given
To labor at day by day;
For it brings me health, and strength, and hope,
And I cheerfully learn to say-
"Head, you may think; heart, you may feel;
But hand, you shall work always!"

Louisa May Alcott


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.