Friday, July 28, 2006

Fine little butterfly




"The play was an adventure", said the director when it was over.

So many things can go wrong during a play with 67 children.
And they did.

Katie had a blast and sprang out of bed this morning in anticipation of performing the play again tonight!

So much fun for her.

(And I forgot to mention in the comments, I haven't been in a play since I was a bunny in 2nd grade. I am terrible at memorizing lines, just terrible. If I were in shape...I could dance or sing in the chorus. I'm really much more comfortable with a lot of support :o)

Fine Art Friday


Emma loves....



Picasso, Untitled 1915

The Art Institute of Chicago


More my style :o)



Picasso
Paulo on a Donkey
Picasso's son.

I find it amazing that my daughter fancies the abstract.

It's good. I like it.

Don't understand it.
But, I will keep looking.



Friday Feast


Appetizer
What's the funniest dream you can remember having?

Soup
If you were a dog, what breed would you be, and why?

Salad
Continue this sentence: "I get confused when..."

Main Course
Name two things that need to be done, but you are procrastinating in completing.

Dessert
When was the last time you tried something new, and what was it?


*******


A few months ago, Lynn shared her recipe for peanut butter balls. Since then I have been making them and I love them!

There is no flour or sugar in this recipe so I find it an acceptable treat while continuing with the Fat Flush. I count the calories and only have one or two a day.

The basic recipe


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup honey

Then I add these optional ingredients

2 heaping Tbs. flax meal
4 heaping Tbs. oatmeal
3 heaping Tbs. Organic coconut
1 big handful of chocolate chips

Roll into a golf ball sized ball and chill in the fridge.
When they are cool and firm put them in a zip lock bag and store in the fridge.

(By the way, you can add whatever you would like to add to the basic mixture.)

I really like these!


Okay...that's it for today. Sigh.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.