Tuesday, October 28, 2008

20081025_2104-2

Art is a funny thing.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....it is true.

This picture is not art.

But I like it and I cropped it like this for a reason.

I put it on Flickr where I find creative and wildly cropped pictures that I really find interesting.

In half a day I had eighteen views and not one comment.

So I took it down.

I thought. Well. I guess I really didn't get this one right.

Although I thought I had...cause I wouldn't have put it on flickr if I thought I got it wrong.



But I'm still thinking about this picture today.
And I still find it interesting.

And that should be okay.

If I am the only one who likes this picture.
THAT should be alright.
THAT should be enough.

I like the light on the hair on her neck.
I like the color of her lips.
I like the way she is grabbing and stretching her sweater.
And I like her skinny shoulders.


So it shall be the picture that stays in the back of my closet.
(In the files of Photoshop)

The odd little cropped picture that was once shown.
But not loved.

The oddly cropped picture that makes me wonder and ponder and think about style and art.




Very few people possess true artistic ability. It is therefore both unseemly and unproductive to irritate the situation by making an effort. If you have a burning, restless urge to write or paint, simply eat something sweet and the feeling will pass.
~Fran Lebowitz





Well.

That's a snarky comment.

Who is Fran Lebowitz anyway?
A comedian? A writer?

I shall try to forget I read THAT.


Seriously. How do you know,
Unless you try?






Perhaps a Butterfinger will help.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.