Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar for best dressed goes to....

Taraji Henson

Taraja Henson in a lovely Roberto Cavalli.

Yes, it is very much like the pink dress I chose on Sat.
But, I likes what I likes ;o)

This was the second dress I saw last night and I just loved everything about Taraja's look!
Her hair and make up, her jewerly and that pleated, feminine, dress.

*sigh*


I really had fun watching the Academy Awards last night.

Most of the stars looked stunning.



The premise for the opening number was that there wasn't enough money to have a big flashy opening number,
so Hugh whipped one up on his own.



Totally fun and delightful opening number! Great job Hugh!
And wait til you hear Anne Hathaway sing!

Fun :o)


Actors Josh Brolin and Diane Lane arrive at the 81st Annual Acad

Here is Diane Lane, and some guy, (just kidding Josh).

I love the tiny bit of ruffle at the top of the bodice.

Black never shows up well on television, I don't think.


56822757
Oh! Penelope. Maybe I choose you.

This is an amazing vintage dress.



sjp

Yes. I even liked this. I have a thing for Sarah in her tutu inspired dresses.
This is Dior Couture.

O la la...

virginia madsen

I bet you didn't think you would see any COLOR.

Virgina Madsen was the first to arrive and I really loved this geometric red dress.
I like the shade of red, the fit and the silhouette.

fff39c3f7aad6866_Natalie-Portman

This one is for my sister Cindy.

When I first saw the dress pass by, I just loved the color and material.
The bodice is not my best tho.

I do not care for her hair and makeup at all. Too hard for that springy dress.
She looks angry.


Actress Marisa Tomei arrives at the 81st Annual Academy Awards h

Marisa was beautiful in her ornately pleated gown.
She looks happy. And look, right behind her, Natalie.


I appreciated this one for it's workmanship.
Marked it down for the neckline.


Listen to me. I just said to myself in my head,

"Who do you think you are?"


Best hair went to Kate Winslet.





I said last night in the comments that I loved her Grace Kelly inspired hair....



“My inspiration was Grace Kelly,” says Campora. “I wanted the hair to be sleek, classy and modern and for the style to fit the neckline of the dress and create a little volume around her face.”

Campora’s steps to achieving Winslet’s Oscar hair: “I started on wet hair and worked in Frederic Fekkai All Day Density Styling Whip. I then blew-dry the hair with a round brush for smoothness, but still with volume underneath. I used a 1-inch curling iron to make waves and then let it sit for 20 minutes. I used Frederic Fekkai Coiff Magnifique Ultra-Light Finishing Creme to brush through the hair and then rolled the hair underneath and pinned it with long bobby pins. Finally I sprayed sheer hairspray over the hair to hold it.”

L.A. Times





Ugliest dress of the night.

Beyonce.

But, sweetie, you have the prettiest face :o)


Singer Beyonce arrives at the 81st Annual Academy Awards held at



And to all of that I say....

Jai hoooooooo!



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.