Tuesday, February 03, 2009

20090129_4775-3

Little Miss is staying home today.

She has been complaining of a sore throat each morning for four days now. It gets better after she has a drink so I have been chalking it up to our dry winter air.

But after speaking to the office at school, I think I will keep her home today and take her in for a strep test.

Seems to be going around the school.

If Katie has strep I will be very surprised because when I have strep I KNOW I have strep.

The pain. Oh my goodness. The pain is bad.


I don't see that Katie is in this kind of pain. Not even close.

But we shall see.


Katie has not had antibiotics in a long time. I really can't remember her ever having them.

And I was wondering, do doctors prescribe penicillin and amoxicillin nowadays?

Are those drugs still effective? Or have the germs grown too strong for them?

Patrick and I were wondering about this last night because when he gets a sinus infection he always gets a drug we have never hear of.

We were watching a story on PBS about Ellis Island Hospital and it was just so sad to see what health care was like before penicillin. People regularly died from strep (scarlet fever).
Thank goodness for penicillin.

(Our mom was allergic to penicillin and she had a little silver and red alert bracelet.)


Seeing how medicine has changed in just 100 years, I have a lot of hope for a cancer cure!



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.