Thursday, February 19, 2009

LOST


Can you say, "Over the TOP?

My goodness that woman is just such a character.

The editing is veddy interesting.

I love jumbled up editing. Some of my favorite movies have that jumbled up, starting at the end, where are we now kind of editing.

The movie Memento went just a little too far and confused me totally and completely.
I think the whole movie runs backward and features a man with short term memory loss.
Wild.

But back to Lost,

How surprised were you to hear the pilots name announced?

Who beat up Ben?

What am I forgetting?

I'm suffering for a little mid-term memory loss.

****

American Idol.

Yay for the Wisconsin guy!

"Daniel Gokey is a religious music teacher who works with Faith Builders International Ministry in Wisconsin."

I did not know that.

That's cool.




(Fox is not allowing the video of this to be shown on youtube. So this is just the audio.
I really liked the arrangement.)




I think this may work.



I do not remember American Idol kicking people off this way in previous seasons. Is this how they have always narrowed down the field?

So sad Anoop didn't make it. What a great name!


****

P1010091




The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.






One of my jobs this morning was typing and making copies this prayer today in Katie's class.

"Making Copies."

I love it so much. I love the whole sentiment of the prayer.

And I need to work on this part in particular.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.




What a beautiful prayer.

Almost one thousand years old and still totally and completely relevant and true.


It makes my heart happy to know that Katie and her classmates will learn this poem/prayer.

I learned it in high school. It was on the window sill, above the kitchen sink of a friend's house.

You just never when placing a prayer on a window sill or making copies for school, will change a life.

Amen.



Encourage one another,
Donna

Update

Update:

Bank robbery investigation continues; school lockdown eased
State Journal staff
Verona police and Dane County sheriff’s deputies were on the scene of a bank robbery this morning, which forced Verona schools to go into lockdown.

A supervisor at the Dane County 911 Center who would only give his first name of Rick said the robbery occurred at 105 Enterprise Drive in Verona around 10:11 a.m. The business listed at that address is a Heartland Credit Union.


I drove right by the credit union at 10:35. The place was surrounded by about eight police cars.
I called Patrick and said, "I think there was a bank robbery."
He just called to say that 'yes', the bank was robbed.

This is not the bank we use nor the bank where Emma worked.

People are getting desperate.

Must remember....

where there is darkness, light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.