Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday Afternoon.


funnyfoto

I am way too easily amused.

20090215_5154-2

So is Katie.

I do not know what made her laugh.
I do know I was holding the camera down by my knee.


In the top right picture, Katie is signing " I love you".

We all do this. It's our family thing.

After college, I went to Gallaudet, the National Institute for the deaf, for an intensive summer school program.

It was a fantastic learning and social experience.

I was not surprised last night when the mother and son team did so well on the Amazing race. Even tho the young man is deaf.

When I was at Gallaudet, I went to the ocean with eight deaf students, in a van, with Saturday Night Fever Blaring the whole time.
And one night we went to a disco!
(They were not hearing the music the exact same way I was, but they enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

The deaf students could do everything I could...AND they could sign.

Immersion is good. I recommend it for learning a language and understanding a culture.

**

We were really super excited that Amazing Race has begun again!!
Patrick was laughing so loud at the racers and the cheese I am sure the neighbors could hear him.

That hill was so steep!

I was worried that they were doing it incorrectly and would all be fined.

I am a dorky rule follower.


On your team, (assuming you went on the race) who would have done the bungee jump?


**


Lynn and I met to discuss how we would finish up the Hannah Coulter discussion.
We got sidetracked and didn't discuss it enough.

Lynn's hands are acting up again. Could you say a pray that her hands get better quickly this time and don't become more painful.

Thanks!



Off to help in school again.

I am a highly valuable teacher's helper, you know. :o)


****

A few quotes for a Monday.



I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
Helen Keller



When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
Helen Keller




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.