Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The green is back, baybee!!!


20090428_8453-2

And I am over the moon about it!

20090427_8427-2

20090427_8426-2

20090428_8438-2

I get a special thrill from the trees budding.
They do test my patience, though.

The yellow-green glows.

I am trying to describe how seeing this makes me feel.

I'm not coming up with the words yet.


20090428_8460-2

Thank you for coming back!
You were missed!


Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918

Trees

I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.



****

It is a special day for Katie today. The primary grades at her school are all on the first floor.
Fourth thru eight are upstairs. Today the third graders will go upstairs to visit the second floor and all the secrets therein.
Thereon :o)

In true, Blessed Sacrament form they have invited the parents to come along. So of course, I will be going along.

Matthew was in fourth grade when I started homeschooling. We used Calvert that first year. Child's History of the World.

Good memories for me. Not so much for Matthew. Sorry honey!

Anyway. Katie seems thrilled and that's good for now!


***

Anyone else shocked by the Dancing with the Stars elimination? I was!
The cowboy is a gentleman....but he is by far the most awkward dancer.
The spray tan did not help his stiff-ness.
Ah well.


Biggest Loser. Biggest blab-fest last night. It's just too long.
ABC is milking that show for all it's worth. Two hours. Ugh.


American Idol. Danny Gokey. Wow.
Adam and the rest. Snore. Adam did the same thing...and I didn't like this one at all.
Those of you who love Kris. Will you tell me what you like about him?


***

Off to school.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions yesterday!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.