Friday, July 03, 2009



Emma's friend made her a summer mix cd and this song is on it.

And I loved it right away.

Turns out, it is a remake of a Buddy Holly hit, Rave On.




I prefer the new one. But that video reminded me of a jitterbug video I showed Katie a few months ago.

Get ready to learn to jitterbug.



I don't know if anyone has time to watch that film clip.
But all I could think of was....my, how things have changed.
The sense of humor is so different!


***

Fourth of July Friday Five


How do you feel about fireworks displays?
What were the details surrounding one of your mishaps with fire?
Who in your life could be described as a real firecracker?
When did you last feel you were being put on display?
How confident are you in your barbecue skills?

HT to Friday Five. org


***

Is anyone watching So you think you can dance?

I am and I am loving it!


***

Hoofbeat Ridge day camp has ended.

Katie's group won 'Softest Coat' in the grooming contest.


While we were gone, Katie stayed with Amy J and Carrie.
I never worry about a thing when Katie is with Amy J and Carrie.

Carrie and Katie play so nicely together and Amy is so organized and on top of things.
She is the Queen of Planning and organizing. We all marvel at her.

So it was especially hilarious to find a little plastic bag and Katie's overnight bag sitting at my front door yesterday morning.

What is this, I wondered when I spotted it sitting there.

I opened the bag to find a note from Amy.
Seems that Katie's lunch was switched with the lunch for four adults.
The lunch that Katie took to camp had four sandwiches and cherries.

The bag on my doorstep contained a special Crystal light packet and a bottle of water and a bag of Cheetos.

Amy, with her kind heart, felt terrible for this little switcheroo and wanted Katie to come home to her Cheetos and Crystal light, so she left them at the doorstep.

I wish I could have seen Katie's face when she saw the bag of sandwiches.

I don't think she was too disturbed by it at all.

I happen to think it was super funny and much more memorable than the original plan!!!

Oh Amy! Your little blunders are a blessing!

Katie ate her Cheetos as soon as she got home!


Fireworks tonight!
Big Fun!


Don't forget the Friday Five. It looks like a good one!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.