Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Where were we?

Ah yes.

I do, I will, I have.


DSC_7891-23

Carrie. Waiting.




DSC_7897-2cr


Here she is with her dad! Ashley was really very excited to get up to the altar and marry her beloved.



DSC_7900-2


Marriage Bells by Emma Lazarus

Music and silver chimes and sunlit air,
Freighted with the scent of honeyed orange-flower;
Glad, friendly festal faces everywhere.
She, rapt from all in this unearthly hour,
With cloudlike, cast-back veil and faint-flushed cheek,
In bridal beauty moves as in a trance
Alone with him, and fears to breathe, to speak,
Lest the rare, subtle spell dissolve perchance.
But he upon that floral head looks down,
Noting the misty eyes, the grave sweet brow--
Doubts if her bliss be perfect as his own,
And dedicates anew with inward vow
His soul unto her service, to repay
Richly the sacrifice she yields this day.





DSC_7901-2cr

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
~1 Corinthians 13





When my life is thru and the angels ask me to recall, the thrill of them all,
then I will tell them I remember you.


Lots of memories of our parents over the weekend.

Cindy wore mom's big purple ring and Janice wore mom's mink stole.
Nancy wore mom's diamond ring, which mom got after 21 years of marriage.

But this song. This song is dad's song. He always brought the records home.

Gosh, I miss my parents. I am thankful that they were such loving, fabulous people because my memories are many and very vivid!

Love big, dear ones.

It's the love we remember and keep.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.