Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Witches are scary.


When I was a little girl I had a reoccurring dream.
It had something to do with a witch and a caldron.

I would wake up terrified.
I remember lying in my bed and trying to call out to my parents,
but my voice didn't work.

mom

mom

mom

I would cry.

But no sound would come out.

That is scarier than my dream, now that I think of it.
The silence of the child. ew.

But this morning when Katie bolted into my room and said, "Can I sleep in here with you?"
I said yes. Mostly because I was already awake and the alarm was going off in ten minutes.

"Did you have a bad dream?"

"Yes. There were two witches...."

"Witches are scary aren't they. They are not real. You just imagined it. You are safe."

"Unhuh"

"I used to dream of witches, too."







"I used to have nightmares that they would put 'He played Ted' on my tombstone."
Keanu Reeves



ha!


Who stars in your nightmares?

Be excellent to each other,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.