Monday, August 02, 2010

IMG_0298


"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."
- Sam Keen



IMG_0300

"Fairest of the months!
Ripe summer's queen
The hey-day of the year
With robes that gleam with sunny sheen
Sweet August doth appear."
- R. Combe Miller


My dear high school friend has stopped by for an unexpected visit.

She has been on a week long ride across Iowa and boy was she hungry.
I made steak bites and baked potatoes and Greek salad for dinner.
How I loved cooking for Karen and watching her enjoy her meal!
We talked for hours....and we have more time this morning to visit before she leaves.

I have prayed for friends for Katie and me.

I have been blessed by visits from friends this summer...mostly from far away.

I will not forget this summer of friends.
It has been a refreshing gift to me and I am deeply grateful.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.