Monday, November 15, 2010

Banana Bread



DSC_0878




I was inspired to make my bread with the recipe I saw
on this young girl's blog



Mine is Adapted from this.....

Adapted from The New Best Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups (8 ounces) Organic White Flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3-4 large, darkly speckled bananas, mashed well (about 1½ cups)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract


1) Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.

2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and nuts. In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla until well blended. Gently fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula just until combined. Batter with be thick and chunky.

3) Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Garnish with slices of banana if desired. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown ,about 55-60 minutes.

4) Cool a little, remove from pan and enjoy.


I changed three things. The things I did differently were, I did not use whole wheat flour, yogurt or the nuts.
If you got to Erica's blog you will see the way she made it.


I would have used the yogurt if I had had it.
I think I like my banana bread without nuts.
I was chicken to use the whole wheat. I have not had good experiences with baking with whole wheat.

I baked my bread in a glass loaf pan as you can see.
Did you know bread bakes faster in glass?

I started checking my bread in 45 minutes. I think it cooked for 50 minutes.

It turned out perfectly. It was very moist. I am a fan of moist.

Eat only when hungry.

The End.


*****


DSC_0900-83


Katie was gone all afternoon.

I took pictures of her while she ate her left over lasagna and milk.

She pays no attention to me. And that is just fine with I am goofing around.
The iso was set at 1000 and the kitchen light was glaring down.

It was her lips that looked beautiful to me.
The eye of the beholder and all....



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.