Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Favorites

DSC_0829


This picture represents more than just ingredients.

Here stands Donna's crock pot.
It is old.
It is grimy.
It is small.

But it is my favorite way to cook.

It is my favorite way to cook because in ten minutes I have assembled a meal.
At 5:30 tonight when someone asks me, "what's for dinner?", I know. I can look over at the crock pot and know what is for dinner.

That is my favorite answer to my least favorite question.

We have come home from a vacation at four in the afternoon and someone, without fail, asks me, "What's for dinner?"

They think I am Houdini.

When I was about 21 I was babysitting for a little boy,
he asked me about my parents. I told him they died.

He said to me with big eyes, "Who feeds you?"

And I told him about my crock pot.

NO! Not really.



Let's see.

Where was I?

The picture and my favorite things.

Sue and Cindy came up with this recipe. My other favorite thing is family.

The crock pot and my family.

In that order.

Not.

But when I ate this Italian beef I feel madly in love with it.

I've mentioned at least four times before how much I love the Italian Beef from Carm's in Chicago.
This recipe comes remarkably close to Carm's.

It's not that often I can replicate a favorite store bought dish and that makes this my favorite.

DSC_0833


Dear Sue and Cindy's Recipe that is made in my crock pot,

You are my favorite.

Love,
Donna




Encourage one another,
Donna


p.s. The nurse suggested I feed Katie yogurt every day. She is doing better already.
p.p.s. At my two month weight in this morning, I have lost a total of ten pounds.
p.p.p.s. woo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.