Thursday, November 18, 2010

#TeamREE


#TeamREE

Katie and I had a blast watching the Throwdown last night on the Food Network.

(We are wearing our empire waist blouses in honor of Ree and her empire waist blouse.)

It was super exciting for Katie to see Ree's punks and Charlie and ....herself!
Yup. We spotted Katie on Ree's computer screen two times and we squealed with delight.
Katie said, "I'm on TV!"


I thought the show was totally delightful and entertaining. I would really like to try that brined turkey method.
Perhaps at Christmas time.
(The Booshay's are heading to Missouri for Thanksgiving to celebrate with Cindy and her family!)


Tweeting thru the show on Twitter added even more fun to the night.
It was my first Twitter party and it was GREAT!

I haven't spotted it on the internet yet...if you know where the episode can be found on the internet, please pass it along for those who were not able to watch it yet!

Thanks!

gobblegobble


p.s. LOOK! I figured out how to use the self-timer on my camera!


*****


Now.

Get ready.


I bought myself the cutest ornament in the world.




















DSC_0981

I LOVE miniatures.
This little cup is just exactly like the cup I get every morning.....
it is just so darn little....and cute.....



I seem to fall in love with my drinks, don't I?

It's a good thing I don't drink alcohol. I could be in loads of trouble....


hoho
yummy-yo
hohoho

I love this time of year...I love it so.


Happy, happy Thursday!


*****

Katie is memorizing this poem for school.
It's lovely.


Something told the wild geese
It was time to go,
Though the fields lay golden
Something whispered, "snow."


Leaves were green and stirring,
Berries, luster-glossed,
But beneath warm feathers
Something cautioned, "frost."


All the sagging orchards
Steamed with amber spice,
But each wild breast stiffened
At remembered ice.


Something told the wild geese
It was time to fly,
Summer sun was on their wings,
Winter in their cry.

- Rachel Field





It's not only lovely...it is happening right outside my door.
Three times yesterday I went to the back door and gazed up at the loudly honking, flying geese.

Something told them it was time to go....




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.