Monday, January 10, 2011

Emma shared this quote with me a while ago....

Just yesterday Cindy and I were talking about the anger we see in the world around us, in school, in the public, in the general population.

I asked her if she had heard this quote from Fight Club.

I am not writing the whole quote here because of two big swears, yet here is a portion of the quote from the movie Fight Club.



We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.



No purpose.
No value.

It's a desperate way to live.
I can see why people feel angry if that is what their life is hinged on; things, power, self.


It's almost hard for me to imagine that people don't feel the way I do. But all I have to do is watch the news.
I am thankful for parents who took me to church.
I am thankful for a God who values me so much He sent His Son to die for me.

Remarkably I have value and purpose because of Him.

It breaks my heart how far off track the world has gone.

So broke. So darn broke.

What can I do?

All I can ever do.

Learn God's truth and pass it on.


You have value because of Him.



DSC_6985-2




*****



I stumbled across this article a month ago and thought many of you would love to read it;
Professional Photographer-UK lists the most influential photographers of all time.


100 Most Influential



Encourage one another,
Donna



p.s. for the rest of the quote...go here


Fight Club quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.