Monday, January 24, 2011

Why I will never be a famous food blogger...and other exciting news.

DSC_4231-5

Eating healthfully has forced....er...encouraged me to cook more. I'm a cooking fool.
I do not go to fast food restaurants. I do not drink pop. I think before I eat.

But that is not why I will not be a famous food blogger.

Here are the reasons why:

5. The burners on my stove are grungy and there is no hope for them.
4. My pans have stains and my counters are cheap.
3. I use cornflakes in recipes.
2. I am an average cook.
1. I am afraid of yeast

DSC_4241

If you, too, would like to be an average cook like me, here is the recipe for David Letterman's mom's Hot Chicken Salad.

I liked it. A lot!

1 cup cooked rice
1 cup cooked diced chicken (I used a roasted chicken from the grocery store...half of it)
1 cup chopped celery
1 can cream of chicken soup ( from whole foods)
1/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup water chestnuts or almonds ( I used the water chestnuts and a few almonds)
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
Crushed cornflake crumbs
Butter (not)

Combine all of the ingredients except cornflakes in a bowl. Mix.
Pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Top with crushed cornflakes. Dot with butter. (I didn't)
Bake at 350 for 45 min.


I tell you this dish takes me back to the 70's and I love it for that.
Be sure to make it with the water chestnuts...I think they make the dish.

And while you are at it...get some whole water chestnuts and wrap bacon around them....make those delish
appetizers for your....




SUPERBOWL PARTY!!!!

Oh yeah! Packers are in the Super Bowl!

(Is it one word, or two?)


Our humble, young, patchwork team did it! They won!
They overcame some very huge obstacles this year and are going to the big show!~

Aaron Rogers, who was not even chosen for the Pro Bowl, has quietly become the best quarterback in the league.
Our team is deep with no-name but extremely talented guys! Very similar to the year we won the Superbowl in 1997.

Back then everybody knew Reggie and Brett.
Most people know Aaron and Clay.

The fun thing about the 2010 Packers is that most people don't really know anyone else.
(perhaps they know Woodson....perhaps they know Driver)

But what I'm trying to say. I think we are a team of hard players. Talented players.
A team with grit. A team with integrity.


It's good to be a Packer fan today!!!
Surprised.
And good.


Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.
John Wooden

The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.
John Wooden


Go. Pack. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.