Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DSC_6031-7

skin tones so grey from lack of warm light.

DSC_6031-7clar

I tried about 20 different ways to make her skin look more pleasant.
haha...now her teeth are yellow.



Katie's braids looked super cute and messy after school yesterday.
The sun was out and the light was pretty.

My camera was at home so this was were the shoot would be.
As I drove down our street my heart sunk. You see, we live down a small hill.
We are just low enough that the sun, while still hanging above the trees, does not shine on our front yard or our back yard. The people across the street have sun. We are in the shade. It kills me.

After trying to take pictures upstairs and failing...we came down and I looked outside.

There I spotted a sliver of light. I am not exagerating to say this ray of light was no more than 1 ft. by 4 ft.

My muse could see it too and she went to stand in it.

DSC_6013-7sc

Glowing braids.


DSC_6030-7

Pippi


DSC_6034

Katie says she is glad to be taking pictures again.
It's become special, fun time together.

You know, she doesn't even look at the pictures.

That's where you come in :o)

Thank you for letting me share my love of photography with you.


******


Ginny plays and potty's in the backyard. We don't have a fence and she is a good listener and stops when I say no.

er....

until this morning.

I said no in a stern low voice but somthing out front excited her and she was not going to listen.

Then I got afraid.

1. I don't want to chase.
2. I don't want her to run away.
3. I don't want her to get hit by a car.

I was able to fake her out with the promise of a treat.
(Yes. She has learned this word.) She came running into the house.

My heart was pounding. I was not calm and assertive.
I was mad and scared.
I yelled at her.
I'm sure she didn't know what I was yelling about.

She is napping now and my heart has finally calmed down.

Next time we go out, especially when she is high energy (in the morning), she will be on the leash.

Because she is so smart and obedient, I think I have too much confidence.

She comes, sits, stays, waits, goes potty outside and comes back in, and responds to no....she is so very smart.
But she is still a curious puppy and I will be more careful.

Adventures in dog training.

Yikes.


Encourage one another.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.