Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Georgie's Girl. Amal.


“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” 
~Jane Austen





It does not surprise me that George Clooney would plan the most glorious wedding I have seen since William and Catherine's wedding.  I am guessing that George had a hand in the planning.  He is a director after all and his wedding to the smart and stunning Human Rights attorney Amal Alamuddin was spectacacular.  Mainly due to Venice, the water taxi's and Amal's elegant, perfect sense of style.





Upon her arrival in Venice.



The night before the wedding she partied in this bright dress.










Civil Ceremony required by Italy.




This morning the wedding dress is shared on People magazine!  Oscar de la Renta.  My favorite.
I was surprised by this dress. I thought she would wear something more structured or tailored.  Traditional.  Beautiful. Demure.



The guests of the wedding either got a copy of this picture or it was part of a slideshow...either way...it's so cute and fun to see.




Don't you just love a good love story?




Encourage one another,
Donna




11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    It's a times like this that I really really miss not having access to People Magazine. I suppose I can look at it on-line (though I never have up until this point) ... but I don't think it would feel the same.

    I remember reading over the years how George was pretty adamant about not getting married again. His bride must be something pretty special. Her style certainly is! Everything looks beautiful.

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:14 PM

    P.S. The Austen quote is perf

    ~ S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting with bated breath for a wedding pic and you found one! Yay People Mag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting with bated breath for a wedding pic and you found one! Yay People mag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:13 PM

    A blog post that starts out with a quote from my favorite author and ends with that adorable picture? WIN. :)

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I could find pictures here of this much talked about wedding (as well as your fashion commentary!)

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that last picture! So real!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:10 PM

    That white pants outfit and hat. Wow. How classic and beautiful.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is so classy. Not trashy.

    These are two BEAUTIFUL people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew you could count on you to have the best photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Wonderful photos! Shedding a little tear now that my long-time crush is off the market. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.