Monday, May 11, 2015

Epic/Harry Potter phase

Very near our home is a big company called Epic.  If you go to the doctor or hospital you will most likely see your nurse or doctor typing information into a computer that has the Epic system.  This place is a pretty big deal.  I have shown you pictures of the beautiful farm area and today I am showing you the Harry Potter area.

We haven't been here since Christmas day.

My, they have been busy.




A Mother's Day visit to our favorite construction site/business. #Epicsystems #harrypotterphase

This looks like a famous train station in England, doesn't it?


Astonishing #Epicsystems #youcanworkhere #tech #notdisney #wisconsin

We aren't really that crazy about this building's design.
It is still cool...I guess they didn't want to take a hundred years to build
the castle.
(ie pillars of the earth)

Now about Katie.

She really does crack me up.  Sometimes it's hard to remember she is 15.
When we go to Epic she gets out of the car and runs.  She runs down the gravel
roads and straight for the buildings.  She asks if she can climb on the rocks and scale the hills.
My little filly.


upload

Encourage one another,
Donna


9 comments:

  1. im not a fan of epic computer work for NICU nurses. Too many pages to load on babies that have long hospital stays. It was the NEW thing when it arrived and we had to be the guinea pigs to suffer through it.
    IM glad the area is fun for you though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people who don't like it. But the grounds are stupendous !

      Delete
  2. I wonder if we use it at the hospital where I work on Sundays. You teach me the coolest stuff. I am glad your 15 year old is full of fun and happiness. Mine are full of grumpiness lately. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I drove by Epic last weekend. I told my hubby that I knew someone that lived nearby. I couldn't remember who it was. I had to wait for my 55 year old brain to compute who it was and about 30 minutes later I told my husband I remembered who it was! It was a cool blogger named Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Katie is adorable. May she always have that spontaneous enthusiasm and joy!

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Katie has that filly side. And I love the building. Beautiful!!

    I worked in medical records in the dark ages when everything was paper. I cannot imagine all the techy genius that has to go into making electronic med records user friendly. Esp for those long stays, like kathyb said. Yikes.

    Happy Monday all,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Harry Potter so all this was new to me. I do love the little girl in Katie. That fun-loving side always shows in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- what a tremendous construction project for one company. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:55 AM

    Makes me think of some of the construction that my brickmason father was involved in building. Really pretty buildings. And, Katie is so much fun, makes me smile! love and prayers, jep

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.